Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rise Against- Make It stop (September's Children)


med_rise_against_artist_photo2.jpg

The song “Make It Stop (September’s children) has various different meanings throughout. The song is about how being different such as a being a homosexual, is not accepted in today’s society. The title “Make It Stop” serves one meaning, to put bullying and treating people different to an end.
           
                      “Born free, but still they hate.
Born me, no I can't change.”

These lyrics mean that a person cannot change who they are simply because others begin to hate, and in some cases it can bring them to the edge.

“Bang bang from the closet walls,
The schoolhouse halls,
The shotgun's loaded.
Push me and I'll push back.
I'm done asking, I demand.”

Continuing from the other set of lyrics is that once someone is bullied to their limit for simply just being themselves, they cannot hold it inside anymore. School shootings and violent crimes are a way kids in today’s society release their emotions and feelings.  Rise Against wrote these lyrics I believe in order for those listening, to make it all stop. 

http://www.metrolyrics.com/make-it-stop-lyrics-rise-against.html

- RYAN WINNICK

No comments:

Post a Comment