Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the U.K.

Likely to be the most popular song by the Sex Pistols, "Anarchy in the U.K." was released in 1976 as the band's first single. The song  sends the basic message to do whatever, even if violent, to get what you want from the government.

"How many ways
 to get what you want?
I use the best, I use the rest
I use the enemy, I use anarchy"

The above lyrics demonstrate the idea that they are willing to use people in support of anarchy to get what they want. There is a line later in the song, "I wanna be anarchy/Get pissed, destroy" which shows the bands support for the ideas behind anarchy and for a change in the government system in the U.K. The Sex Pistols advocate violence and destruction to promote taking down the Queen.

-Julianne Fleck

source of lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/anarchy-in-the-u-k-lyrics-sex-pistols.html

No comments:

Post a Comment